We all lead busy lives and quite often end up in our t-shirt and trainers as a quick and easy option, but this doesn't always make us feel very put together.
Here are Rue Belle's 5 tips to help you feel fabulous, even in your t-shirt and trainers....
- Accessorise, I can’t express more how accessorising an outfit can change the look completely. Add a colourful scarf, or a necklace, they are both on trend at the moment so it's the perfect time to experiment. There are many scarf options available with skinny styles channelling the 70's and the bandana to make you feel chic and french also a lot of heavier options as we are head into AW, across all price ranges. The same with necklaces, if you prefer simple and understated then go for a few layering necklaces, or opt to go big to make a real statement.
- It might seem like obvious advice, but ensure you trainers and t-shirts are clean and stain free. This can be hard when you have small children. What I recommend is buying the same t-shirt twice especially if you like the fit and fabric. Then throw one away if it looks worn and stubborn stains don’t come out in the wash.
- Buy a pair of trainers that look smart enough to go out in. There are so many on the market (please see previous blog post, The Perfect White Trainer), you can’t beat either a good white or monochrome pair that will go with almost everything.
- Jackets are great, they can update the casual t-shirt and jeans and instantly make the outfit look smarter and add a splash of colour. This season play with heavy prints and textures, or go bold with some block colours, have fun and experiment as they can instantly lift the outfit and give you a fashion edge.
- If all else fails to make you look and feel great, get your hair done. You might not have all the time to go out and invest in lots of new items to update your wardrobe, however sometimes just getting your hair cut or coloured can give you the boost you need to feel fabulous!