Our wardrobes can be a minefield, filled with clothes from circa 1999, those summer ra ra skirts and cut off shorts that we hope one day we will fit back into. Sometimes it is so hard to say goodbye to clothes because we attach memories and emotions to certain items. Well what I would say to that is you don't have to get rid of everything and of course keep those items that just make you smile when you see them, even if you know you will not wear them again. However I would suggest keeping a box for those special pieces so they don’t get confused within the mass of your wardrobe.
5 benefits of throwing out 10 things…
- You can potentially have less of those ‘I have nothing to wear moments’ as you will be able to clearly see what you have in your wardrobe, and mix and match things accordingly.
- Gives you the opportunity to see what is missing. Is your wardrobe full of tops and no bottoms?
- It’s cathartic, spending a rainy afternoon doing this will give you a sense of satisfaction, you will feel free!
- You can have a ‘feel good’ moment and help someone else by giving them to charity or someone less fortunate.
- A chance to go shopping and an opportunity to create a more functional wardrobe.